VR Hackathon brings together the brightest minds to develop innovative VR/AR solutions
The VR Hackathon is a community driven event bringing together people interested in developing innovative VR/AR solutions, having fun, and helping to build the future of immersive technologies. Co-organized by Poznań University of Economics and Business and based on the infrastructure of its unique VR lab, the event provides an exploratory environment where disruption, innovation, and creative ideas are brought to life.
The event is a part of a global series of VR hackathons organized by the Web3D Consortium. VR Hackathon in Poznań is co-located with the ACM Web3D 2018 Conference, which gathers leading researchers, VR/AR technology providers and business users. The mix of business mentors and technical experts encourages innovative applications of VR/AR technologies.
- Open to teams as well as individuals
- Unique mix of business and technical mentors
- Latest VR devices to test and win!
- Presentation in front of international VR audience for the best teams
- Multiple business-driven tracks (e.g., engineering, architecture, medicine)
- Free entry, but limited seats
Join us to discover and build VR solutions with real business value!
Individuals, teams, and organizations. Hackers!
Hackathon Projects are judged by these criteria in each of the hack challenges. To be complete, a project submission (Devpost) must include:
One submission per team
1. Project title and hack challenge
2. Full Names of each team member
3. Email address for each team member
4. Devices, Software, Content, and Hardware used
5. Project Abstract describing what the team plans to do...
Please submit the above by 14:00 June 18, 2018.
6.Tell your story! We're looking for screenshots, story boards,
7. Summary video: ~1 minute explaining the experience. The video is ideally a combination of screen captured imagery and video footage of a person experiencing the project. Deadline: added any time before 14:00 June 19, 2018.
8. Final Project submission deadline: 17:00 June 19, 2018
How to enter
Developers must officially register here: VR Hackathon Poznań
We encourage entrants to bring their own hardware.
EuroVR Président, Senior Research Scientist, Institute of Industrial Technologies and Automation.
Professor of Computer Graphics and Virtual Reality at the University of Bremen.
CEO France/Germany, Haption
President of the Web3D Consortium and Director of Visual Computing with Virginia Tech Research Computing Group
Principal Scientist, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd.
Research Director at CNRS, he leads the VENISE team, the Virtual & Augmented Reality research group
Judging Begins 18:00 June 19, 2018
Judging Begins 18:00 June 19, 2018. Projects must be submitted in devpost by 17:00 June 19. 2019
Interactive 3D visualization
Challenge 1: Interactive 3D visualization of one of the building of the Poznań University of Economics and Business. https://web3d2018.web3d.org/challenges-prizes/
Hand manipulation of virtual objects
Challenge 2: Hand manipulation of virtual objects for industrial applications. https://web3d2018.web3d.org/challenges-prizes/
3D/AR in mobile marketing
Challenge 3: 3D/AR in mobile marketing communication. https://web3d2018.web3d.org/challenges-prizes/
Poznań Supercomputing and Networking Centre (PSNC) Challenges
Challenge 4: Sponsor: Poznań Supercomputing and Networking Centre (PSNC)
One-Handed Quick Access Menu
Challenge 5: One-Handed Quick Access Menu. https://web3d2018.web3d.org/challenges-prizes/
X3D Innovation Award
Challenge 6: X3D Innovation Award https://web3d2018.web3d.org/challenges-prizes/